Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Beginner Routing Question: Regarding Cisco phones and TFTP servers

Just a quick question from a guy with a phone background not a network background. Our network guys want me to begin learning this side of the game to hopefully become a bridge between our departments. So please bare with this (more than likely) day 1 beginner question.

So for a Cisco phone to receive its config it needs to reach the TFTP server, this much I know. I’m also aware that gets distributed as option 150 configured in DHCP. My question is though, ASSUMING the router has knows the path to the subnet, is there anything else required in order for a phone to communicate with the TFTP server if it's in another subnet? My gut is telling me it’s all good to go but I’ve no real way to test it without a operational lab. My thinking is if it knows the ip address via option 150, and the router knows how to get there… should be all that is necessary right?



No comments:

Post a Comment