Monday, November 25, 2019

Arista Switch Help!

Hi All,

I'm having trouble understanding MSTP vs RSTP vs STP. I have three arista switches all linked together in the same vlan via LACP and switchport access vlan 250.

I setup the client ports to use spanning tree portfast and the switch to switch/switch to server ports for default MSTP I imagine.

I see from my logs that even though i setup ethernet port 22 to spanning treeport fast, it is still doing MST0 disabled/forwarding when plugging in a port. So does that mean that my spanning tree port fast isn't really working with this config?

I've linked a diagram of my design. Can anyone help me understand all the different spanning tree portcals and which one is the best to use in my network, since I'm only on one big network, with three switches and one big vlan....

https://ibb.co/3MTQjdN



No comments:

Post a Comment