Thursday, November 21, 2019

5G Enterprise solution.

Hello everyone,

I am just doing some research on 5G cellular and specifically as using it in an enterprise network as a backup WAN connection. I know that a few UK operators (EE, Vodafone) have bought some bands from the 3.4GHz spectrum and even have some 5G coverage already.

So now I am interested if anyone knows vendors that have 5G hubs, routers or gateways that would I could try using in my organization. Also it would be really nice if I can use the hub/router device is passthrough mode and connect it directly with my Router. Then I can configure the failover or traffic shaping form my router side.

1) The first device I look into was the Cisco Meraki MG21 device. That seems to be a dedicated cellular gateway that would be perfect for my purpose, but it does not seem to support 5G to my surprise.
2) There is a device from Lantronix model is SGX5150000US. That device seems to be focused on WiFi as far as I can see. I would not be using any WiFi capabilities so I would need to shut down those and also the Ethernet port need to be at least CAT6 capable. I was not able to find too much information on this device but I believe it support only CAT5E.
3) Vodagone GigaCube is another possible solution, but again I was not able to find enough information on it and I am not sure if it would match my requirements.

So I guess my question here is if anyone has more information on this subject or any thoughts?

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment