Thursday, October 17, 2019

ZTP config deployment based on switch model

Hi everyone,

I'm a noob with ZTP and I manage to get a basic dhcp and ztp servers running and I have already configured one switch successfully.

I've followed one video on youtube and it's been very easy. Basically, configure a dhcp, configure ztp server and then I had to place the startup_config file within a folder. That folder had to be named as the switch mac address.

So far so good, as I said, it worked.

Now my problem is I'm having a bunch of switches and having to create files and folders for each one of them is a no-no.

I'm going to have only two models of Arista (7010T and 7060CX) and all the switches of the same model are going to have the same configuration. That means, one startup_config_7010T and one startup_config_7060CX.

Does someone know if there's any way to make the ZTP on the switches recognise which file they need to load based on the model of the switch?



No comments:

Post a Comment