Friday, October 25, 2019

Would It Be Possible to Set Up a Test Lab at Work?

Hey guys,

I've been forced into a network admin job role at work which is crazy because I have no background in networking. My current plan is to finish my Comptia training courses, take the Network+ and then build my home small home lab with a switch and router so I can practice with setting up Windows server, testing with wireshark, other stuff. I can watch videos and read books all day, but I don't really grasp it until I have hands on practice.

I'm just wondering if there would be a way to set this up at work instead of home. I want a test lab that runs completely outside our network so I can play as much as I want with no fear of screwing up the production live systems, but I would have to have some kind of network connection, right? Sorry very green at this stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment