Friday, October 25, 2019

Syslog server & dashboard

Can anyone recommend a syslog server and dashboard that's free / opensource? I've span up Nagios LS which looks nice, but is a pay for option after a 60 day trial

I'd prefer a web based dashboard if possible. I can easily install 'visualsyslog', or 'thedudue' but that would also mean having to then RDP to a win desktop to check the logs. I'd also prefer a Linux variant as there are no windows licenses available spare in the org.

I want to push all CISCO firewall (mixture of PIX and ASA) logs to the server for later viewing etc, there's 30 or so of them so the free version of Kiwi is no good - shame as my old workplace had the full SolarWinds suite which was awesome.

Syslog-ng also seems a bit of a pig to setup, and even then I'd still need to find something that can then parase the logs and display them nicely on a front end.



No comments:

Post a Comment