Saturday, October 19, 2019

Small VXLAN Deployment

Need to figure out if I can configure a very small VXLAN deployment. I'll have three DC's, each with only two Cisco 93180YC-FX connecting directly to a pair of Cisco FI's. The sites are geographically dispersed and a direct layer 2 connection is not feasible. I do need to span layer 2 for only a few VLANs across all three sites for IP mobility (not by choice).

My questions are basically, if I use VXLAN what is the best model to use (ie BGP EVPN, flood and learn, multi-site, etc...) and how do I get my stretched layer 2 VLANs with active gateways at each site?

Every document I've read shows a spine/leaf topology and anycast gateway, but none of them talk about how to get those routes into the global VRF to reach the users. I don't see many articles for a very small deployment like mine, and most only setup the flood and learn without SVI's/GW's.



No comments:

Post a Comment