Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Shaw (Canada) route issue. Any staff out there?

Any Shaw network staff that might be willing to checkout a weird routing issue? PM and I'll send you the IP addresses.

I have a /28 which is part of a bigger /22 that a 3rd party is advertising and is assigned by them. 2 of the IP addresses within the middle of the /28 is being routed to somewhere else. Multiple trace routes seem to point the issue somewhere between 24.244.6.118 and 206.174.218.2

From my home, the working IPs within the /28 has an average of 40ms with 12 hops and the bad IPs have an average of 17ms with 9 hops.

Using trace route services outside of canada, has the traffic going over the HE network which is properly routing the 2 IP addresses and I'm able to verify that by using a 3rd party VPN service.

First time I have ran into an issue where there might be a route issue and there is a ping response.



No comments:

Post a Comment