Wednesday, October 30, 2019

routing traffic between 2 physical LAN's each with their own internet connection

Hey there,

Hoping someone might be able to give me a hand with this.

I have 2 physical LAN's here with 2 different internet companies in a physical location. I have set one network to a 172.16.0.0/12 network and I have the other set to a 192.168.0.0/16 network.

What I want is to be able to port forward to get traffic from outside LAN#1 and have the port forwarded traffic route to a machine running on LAN#2.

I have built a quick OPNsense router with a 10Gbe NIC because I assumed I could create a static route and have the OPNsense router connect its WAN with the LAN#1 and connect its LAN interface with that of LAN#2 to bridge the 2 networks and route the traffic.

However, I must be doing something wrong because I just can't seem to get it to work.

If someone could help me through this I would be so eternally grateful. It is extremely important that I get this running.

Just for anyone who wants to know why I am doing this, I have to route a lot of data into this machine on LAN #2 and I can't afford to bog down the internet connection on this network, and I also am unable to move this machine completely over to the other LAN as it has duties to perform on this network.



No comments:

Post a Comment