Saturday, October 19, 2019

Router Suggestion for new 1G/1G Connection with 10G Switch?

Just had my CL 1G/1G SLA Connection Installed. It was supplied with /29

CPE Overview

Cienna 3916 (CL's Switch)

AdTran NetVanta 5660

My Equipment

Netgear Prosafe S3300-52x

From what I've been told the AdTran is setup for static routes of my IPs but not for LAN DHCP. So looks like I need a router similar to how my Comcast Handoff at our main office is. There I have the Ubiquiti ER-8-XG 10G SFP+ EdgeRouter Infinity and a separate Netgate XG-7100 1U pfSense® Security Gateway Appliance.

Currently

Setup an Eeros to do routing to hold me over for a few days while ordering equipment. But obviously losing some throughput to the switch.

Plans

Get a Router with DHCP, connect to my 10G Switch. Get Separate pfsense Firewall. Rack-mount Preferred.

Question

Which router should I get. Ideally looking forward 1-3 years, might need 2G/2G so would like it to handle that.

Cheers and thanks for any suggestions.



No comments:

Post a Comment