Friday, October 18, 2019

Remote port monitoring with low-end HP switches

Hi folks, this is my scenario, a vendor installed a server for call recordings, its dependent on being connected to a mirrored switch port of the PBX. We got a HPE 1920 switch on that location and have been working good for some years.

Now the server came out of warranty and I propose to virtualize it, no problems with virtualization but I'm getting trouble to stream the remote switch mirrored traffic to the vm on the datacenter.

We don't have fancy switches on our business, top tier are HPE 1950 wich I guess have the remote mirroring function I'm missing on the 1920 ?

My first guess was to generate a monitor VLAN for the traffic, tag the traffic on the mirror port and give the monitor port access to that VLAN, but no traffic on the VM is showed on wireshark.

Could you give some idea ?



No comments:

Post a Comment