Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Quick-ish MTU question - C3850's, port-channels and jumbo frames

Without trying to go into too much pointless background info

I have a 3850 stack with a number of LAG's providing converged network services to some VMWare and Hyper-V hosts.

I was trying to enable jumbo frames (system mtu 9198) and all my things broke. Of course it was during the day - so I hurriedly put it back to 1500.

Looking at the logs, it appears that it was going through and individually assigning the new MTU to the physical interfaces, and I may have panicked.

The question is - would eventually all physical interfaces in the LAG get the correct MTU, port-channels recombine, and and happiness resume on the network if I had just waited another minute or two?



No comments:

Post a Comment