Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Question about Firepowers

Hey guys,

I have some questions about firepower and the command line(s) for it.

I recently was helping a senior engineer on a difficult VPN problem that we ended up having to call Cisco TAC multiples times on. As is the norm with TAC, they requested access to the command line for the FTDs and ran a bunch of commands I had never seen.

The one thing that really threw me for a loop was all the different command prompts on the FTD boxes. I was hoping someone here could help me figure it out. I tried googling it, but didn’t get very far.

So when I first log into an FTD, the prompt is just “>” I think this is called the LINA? What exactly is this?

Then from there, I normally enter “system-support diagnostic-cli” and that gets me to the “firepower>” prompt, which I can escalate privilege with enable. That operates closely to what I know, ASAs.

But there’s also the “connect fxos” from the LINA prompt. FXOS is the operating system that controls the FTD appliance, right?

It’s all really confusing to me. To complicate things more there’s also a local-mgmt for the fxos which I think may have to due with the HA pair we run.

Basically, is there anyone here that can help explain the layers of a firepower?



No comments:

Post a Comment