Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Purchasing new lines

Hi guys,

I am a system engineer so please bear with me as I am trying to wrap my head around something totally new for me.

We have a small office in Mexico, it is closing soon and they are moving to one of our mother's company building.

We contacted our service provider for a new Internet line and they are now asking us questions for the new line:

“Could you please confirm to me the required for the circuit MTU size, Tagging type(Tagged/Untagged/VLAN transparent), Port type(FastE?), Media type(Copper/SMF/MMF).”

We have contacted the building manager and he told us they have a room on their second floor (fiber backbone) where some Internet providers already have equipement (demarcs I guess it's called), the building manager is telling us he can do a site survey.

Now what I am trying to get right is, when the network provider ask us the MTU size, tagging type, port type, media type, they want to know that for the local tail and demarc connection or the extension to our office space network cabinet?

In the end we will have a Cisco ISR router to place so we can connect it to our existing DMVPN network.

We have a local contact at our mother's company that should be able to help us to get the router plugged in and configured, its just an issue currently between our service provider (GTT), the internet provider (IG Networks) and the building manager.

To add to the confusion the service provider speaks English whereas the building manager only speaks Spanish.



No comments:

Post a Comment