Thursday, October 31, 2019

NVME Nas server opinion

Hello Guys I am planning on building an NVME nas server with a thinkmate QN10-11E2 https://www.thinkmate.com/system/rax-qn10-11e2 It will have 24 cores and 3 x 8 TB NVMES U.2 I will running Ubuntu server and serving large video files to 6 video editors. I am planning on doing a software Raid 0 and backing it up to another NAS every night as a backup. I know NVME has a write life so this will only be used to write big files once a day. It will be connected to a 10g SFP switch via 2 25g SFP ports. My question is has anyone done something like this for video editors? do you guys forsee any issues. How about the managing of the raid? any suggestions there for files sharing. And lastly do you recommend any specific switches. I have been looking at Cisco and Arista, no models picked yet. Thanks for all your help.



No comments:

Post a Comment