Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Network overhaul advice needed, long(sorry!)

I work for what I would call a medium sized business. We have an established network, but he have reached it limitations. Our current set up is very low maintenance and has been maintained by an off sight engineer as more of a favor for a friend for 10+ years.

Heres a basic idea of what we use: -VoIP -Local server, that will be upgraded to support up to 12 virtual machines -several databases are used -not much wireless support, that is a big need! - about 30-40 concurrent wired users, most access some sort of database

I am looking for advice on which direction to go. My company wants me to take over the network admin role over the course of the next year. I am leaning towards Ubiquiti everything at this point. I’m comfortable with the UI and the wireless support seems very cost effective and manageable.

Please let me know if you need more info! I tried to be as brief as possible



No comments:

Post a Comment