Thursday, October 10, 2019

Network card MAC settings: Windows vs. Linus

I dual boot my laptop with windows 10 and a Linux based operating system and the network card doesn’t seem to have any continuity between operating systems. In Linux I can easily change the MAC address used to access a network a number of ways. On windows, the network card is locked and a cant control the MAC address through the GUI CLI and registry. I was wondering if there is any programs that can override the network card like I can in Linux or if there is any known registry value pertaining to the network card not allowing change. Bye the way, I’ve been looking for a solution to this for a long time because I like to practice good security and don’t like to connect to public WiFi’s using my actual MAC and sometimes Linux just isn’t the most convenient OS to be using. Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment