Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Need help with a circuit migration

Im working with a remote site that is using a ISR 4300. Currently G0/1 is using an L3 circuit that we will be replacing with AT&T and G0/2 is on broadband.

I've been tasked to work with AT&T to basically replace the L3 circuit. We've already done the DMARC extension and cable runs to the network closet. However, Im trying to think of a way to do this without interrupting service. Should I fail over to broadband circuit the night before and then provision all of the new BGP configurations to G0/1, class maps, netflow, subinterfaces, etc? Then when ATT comes the next morning, should I have the technician plug in the new cable, and I can just do a "no shut" on G0/1 to bring up the new circuit? Will I need to shutdown the broadband circuit in order for BGP neighborship to occur once we're ready for test and turnup?



No comments:

Post a Comment