Friday, October 18, 2019

Multiple ISP, Multiple Static IP each

I am having trouble finding all the information I need for my future network needs. My company is moving to a new location within the next 6 months, and I am trying to understand multiple static IPs for business lines.

Our plan is to have 2 ISPs (1)-Primary with static IPs for (1a)-employee internet traffic (1b)-on-prem exchange (1c)-future sharepoint (1d)-reserved (1e)-reserved. (2)-Secondary with static IPs (2a)-VOIP (2b)-guest network (2c)-reserved (2d)-reserved (2e)-reserved.

The reason for multiple ISPs is a requirement in our field, to allow for failover incase of an outage. Each ISP has to be able to support all functions, just split load at the same time.

My plan was to use ASA5525x (to utilize gigabit service over the 5516/5508/5506) on each ISP, next have L3 switches to be able to share VLANs across each physical space, and then L2 switches for mass connections.

Our primary is most likely going to be Google Fiber Business, and all information they publish shows if you have multiple static IPs, you have to use your own router, not their gateway, but I can't figure out if I have to have a router in front of the ASA, or if the ASA can do multiple sorting? Secondary may be AT&T/WOW and nothing I can find from them says they wont support multiple with their gateway device.

I am most familiar with Cisco gear on the enterprise level, and have been using the 5506x for years with a single static IP configuration. I use virtualized pfsense at home, but I need to keep hardware for work.

TIA



No comments:

Post a Comment