Saturday, October 5, 2019

Is Mediacom’s Router Throttling my Internet?

So I recently moved, had Mediacom’s for a year never had an issue. Was paying for a 100 down plan and on direct line I was usually getting over that and around 40 upload and on WiFi I was usually getting around 50 down and 10-20 up. So I moved a couple weeks ago and decided to upgrade my package & since I was going to be in a different service area I had to return my old router/modem and get a new one. So I get it installed, everything seems fine on the direct line, getting between 300-500 down and 40-80 up. Then I go to test the WiFi. For the 2 weeks I have tested I cap at 5 download and my upload is typically at 20-30. Its obviously time to return this and just get my own but was just wondering if this is a sign that they’re intentionally throttling my Internet? I’ve never seen such a large discrepancy between a hard line and a router/modem before.



No comments:

Post a Comment