Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Huawei - VxLan and Vlan configuration advices

Hey folks,

I am working on a project for which we need to use VxLAN.

Before I started to work on this project, I do not know anything about VxLan. So, I documented myself, and started to make a PoC. For information, we use Huawei routers and switches. So, I work on eNSP for my PoC.

The switches which we choose for this project are S6720SI and S6720EI. This switches implements VxLan functionnality.

​

So, as you can see on my screenshot (there : https://imgur.com/a/1kt2J5Z), I tried to make a simple configuration. I have my backbone, with RRPP and OSPF implemented. This two functionalities works.

I have mounted a VxLAN tunnel between SW_1 and SW_2. I can see that my tunnel is up and working. In my first VxLAN tunnel, I allow vlan 10 to go through, and in my second VxLAN tunnel, I allow vlan 20 to go through. I created my VxLan endpoint tunnel on sub interfaces GE1/0/9.10 and GE1/0/9.20 on SW_1 and SW_2. Also, I have VNI 1010 (for vlan 10) and VNI 2020 (for vlan 20).

On my switches SW_ANT1 and SW_ANT2, I allow vlan 10 and vlan 20 to go on the interfaces GE0/0/1 and GE0/0/24 with trunk configuration.

On my switches SW_SITE1 and SW_SITE2, I have a trunk on GE0/0/1 interfaces, allowing vlan10 and vlan20. The ports GE0/0/2 and GE0/0/3 are access, with vlan 10 or 20, depending on end network.

My problem is the following : from PC1-1, I can not ping PC1-2, which are on the same vlan.

​

I don't know what to do, because I have no experience with VxLan. Could you give me some help please?

​

The source I used for my PoC : https://support.huawei.com/enterprise/en/doc/EDOC1000178188/4fef8bd9/example-for-constructing-a-virtual-data-center-network-for-layer-2-communication-over-a-campus-network-using-vxlan



No comments:

Post a Comment