Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Huawei - VxLan and Vlan configuration advices

Hey folks,

I am working on a project for which we need to use VxLAN.

Before I started to work on this project, I do not know anything about VxLan. So, I documented myself, and started to make a PoC. For information, we use Huawei routers and switches. So, I work on eNSP for my PoC.

The switches which we choose for this project are S6720SI and S6720EI. This switches implements VxLan functionnality.

So, as you can see on my screenshot (there : https://imgur.com/a/1kt2J5Z), I tried to make a simple configuration. I have my backbone, with RRPP and OSPF implemented. This two functionalities works.

I have mounted a VxLAN tunnel between SW_1 and SW_2. I can see that my tunnel is up and working. In my first VxLAN tunnel, I allow vlan 10 to go through, and in my second VxLAN tunnel, I allow vlan 20 to go through. I created my VxLan endpoint tunnel on sub interfaces GE1/0/9.10 and GE1/0/9.20 on SW_1 and SW_2. Also, I have VNI 1010 (for vlan 10) and VNI 2020 (for vlan 20).

On my switches SW_ANT1 and SW_ANT2, I allow vlan 10 and vlan 20 to go on the interfaces GE0/0/1 and GE0/0/24 with trunk configuration.

On my switches SW_SITE1 and SW_SITE2, I have a trunk on GE0/0/1 interfaces, allowing vlan10 and vlan20. The ports GE0/0/2 and GE0/0/3 are access, with vlan 10 or 20, depending on end network.

My problem is the following : from PC1-1, I can not ping PC1-2, which are on the same vlan.

I don't know what to do, because I have no experience with VxLan. Could you give me some help please?

The source I used for my PoC : https://support.huawei.com/enterprise/en/doc/EDOC1000178188/4fef8bd9/example-for-constructing-a-virtual-data-center-network-for-layer-2-communication-over-a-campus-network-using-vxlan



No comments:

Post a Comment