Wednesday, October 2, 2019

HP L3 certifications

Hi guys,

Let me start by saying I got my MCSE cert 5 years ago and I have been a sysadmin since then, but my new job requires me to work with a lot of complicated (IMO) networks. Lots of HPE L3 switches and 50+ VLAN's with one particular client. I know some basics, like how to do VLAN tagging and how to do basic configuration but any more complicated than that, for example static routes, and I am fully reliant on Google. Which doesn't always work out as planned.

My company and the clients are all very serious about certs and being qualified. We only have a handful of Cisco switches installed at clients, and they are all configured for L2, I have figured out everything I need to do on them with Googling. HP switches are extremely popular in my country and IPv6 is not going to be a thing here for many years, so it really doesn't make sense to get a CCNA.

I did research about HP certification paths but they are extremely unclear. Can someone please tell me what is the HP equivalent to CCNA and CCNP? And I assume it might be possible to do those via HP University?



No comments:

Post a Comment