Friday, October 25, 2019

How to SSH into a computer about 100m away.

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to solve a networking issue for an experiment I'm trying to setup. I have a small PC mounted on a drone running autonomous flight software. I'm trying to SSH into the small PC while the drone is flying but I'm having issues as I keep losing connection. The drone only flies about 100m out at a relative altitude of 5 - 10m on a football field so there's direct line of sight between the drone and the router, and my laptop and the router. I've been thinking of getting a ubiquiti picostation M2 , configure it as wireless client and mount it on the drone. What do you think of this? Are there any other solutions?

P.S. I do not have AC power supply out on the field so potential solutions are limited to systems that can be run on a battery/ or that I can create connectors.



No comments:

Post a Comment