Thursday, October 24, 2019

FS switch with loop-detection?

Hi all,

I recently got a hold on some FS 3900 switches. Now I'm looking to test a few things out before putting them to work. One of the things that I really want to test and see it work is the loop-detection.
I think I found the right commands from this PDF fs3900
The thing is when I connect a utp port on 1/1 and 1/2 to create a loop... how can I see if the loop is detected and what actions is taken?

For now I see this
Switch#show loopback-detection
Loopback Detection Global Information
Global Status : Disabled
Transmit Interval : 10
Recover Time : 60
Action : Shutdown
Trap : None

Loopback Detection Port Information
Port Admin State Oper State
-------- ----------- ----------
Eth 1/ 1 Enabled Normal
Eth 1/ 2 Enabled Normal



No comments:

Post a Comment