Thursday, October 17, 2019

Finally getting my home lab built and 2 of my 3 2900s won’t even power on :(

I’ve been really excited to get my home lab ready to go. So last night after I got everything racked and got everything cabled and I plugged in my ups so everything would turn on at once like a Christmas tree and my heart sank because 2 of my 32900s did not power on. I tried to watch the console of them powering on but I get errored. I’m home sick today so this was the day I was going to get everything configured, now I have to figure out if there’s anyway to salvage these.

So when I plug the power in the LED ac light shows green so that’s good, on one of them I popped the hood and I would hear it click and one of the front modules phone ports would flick it’s lights and then stop, every 4-5 seconds. On the other one it’s just nothing. I don’t know what the deal is on the other one. My first guess is that they have bad power supply’s, why do I think this? I decommissioned these off offshore oil platforms and it looks like the fan cages and power supply are covered in rust.

Is there any other troubleshooting shooting steps I can take with these to diagnose the issue? My next step this morning is to swap the good powersupply out and put it in one of those.



No comments:

Post a Comment