Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Ethernet rename

Okay, I'm a bit confused and maybe you guys can help me. I inherited the network that I am currently running, so, I'm a bit lost. The issue I have is when you physically plug in an ethernet cable to any computer, be it Mac or Windows, the ethernet connection is already labeled as 'TEMP". This is not the WIFI SSID label, this is for a physical hard wire into any computer. I could bring in my laptop from home, plug in a cable, and it would say 'TEMP' is the connection. We are not on active directory yet, so its not like anyone is logging into a AD and getting this info handed down from Windows, plus, it happens on Mac, too. Anyway, could this be getting handed down from one of the Cisco switches/firewall/router? I've been tasked with changing the 'TEMP' name for our CEO because its a pet peeve of his to see this.

I also reached out to our fiber provider to see if it was set up on our incoming router, but, they said that was not the label in the configuration of their router.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment