Thursday, October 17, 2019

Cisco SG300 odd behavior

Hello friends,

While I am not new to networking or switching, I am new to these SG300s I have inherited with my new company. They were being used in local access only, so one of my first projects was to implement RADIUS and individual logins and accounting. Fastforward, RADIUS is working, local accounts are working, but not as the documentation says it should.

When I use commands

aaa authentication login SSH radius local

aaa authentication enable SSH radius enable

RADIUS login works successfully, but local login does not.

When I use command aaa authentication login SSH local local login works.

So I know both accounts login successfully, but in the event RADIUS is down I need the local account (backdoor) to login.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? I know the SG300s are not the greatest, but it's all I have to work with until we can replace them.



No comments:

Post a Comment