Thursday, October 10, 2019

Cisco AnyConnect VPN reconnecting

There is no shortage of posts on reddit, or Cisco forums, or any other forum for that matter, of people complaining about Cisco AnyConnect reconnecting constantly. In my initial phase of using it, it was perfectly fine. But somewhere along the years it has gotten progressively worse. At first I thought it was something specific about where I work, for instance the laptop build, as installing Windows 10 and nothing else on the same laptop would result in Cisco AnyConnect working like a charm.

However, I have since found out that several other people not even connecting to our VPN profile are experiencing the exact same problems. As such, I have been able to rule out the WiFi / 4G I am using, the hardware and drivers, the AnyConnect client version, and our ASA.

The question is, has anyone really solved this before? I had a TAC case where they investigated AnyConnect DART logs and ASA logs and they said that it was this. However, we do not block the DTLS ports, and our MTU size is the correct size. At this point, I am guessing it is something on the Internet, as there are too many differing factors in each instance I have seen the issue.

Further, what does everyone feel is the best Remote Access VPN solution?



No comments:

Post a Comment