Wednesday, October 9, 2019

cisco 3850 to 6506 sm fiber connection problem

Hi everyone,

I am in my lab and i am trying to get a cisco 3850 to connect to a 6506 via SM fiber. In the 3850 i have a SFP-10GBase-LR in Te1/1/4 and in the 6500 i have a 10Gbase-LR in a xenpak in te3/1. I have about 1 meter of SM fiber patch (crossed over) between them. The levels on the 3850 are TX -4.0 and RX -0.9. I do not get a link light unless i only partially plug in the fiber... Then it gets a link-flap error and it goes err-disabled. They are not cisco optics, but i ran the service unsupported-optics command.

I have done this a few times in the past without any issues. Can't seem to figure this out. I have tried new patch cables, i had an extra xenpak and switched that out... tried different ports. The only thing i dont have a spare of is the sfp+ module on the 3850. It should be arriving tomorrow. I see that the one I have is one that supports 1g or 10g... The new one that is arriving is 10g only. I wonder if that is the issue?

Does anyone have any insight or something to try? Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment