Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Bridging Public IPv4 Subnet

I have connected two network bridges of debian servers via OpenVPN bridging. One Server is within a DC with a public IPv4 Subnet. The other Server is in a private IPv4 Subnet behind a NAT. The Server behind the NAT is connecting to the public Server via an IP in the public IPv4 Subnet.

Basically everything is working great. I can connect devices via Ethernet to the Bridge on the NAT'ed Server and use the Public IPv4 Subnet through the OpenVPN Bridging.

But now I would like to assign a Public IP from the Subnet to the Server handling the OpenVPN tunneling. But If I do so it creates a route for the Public IP Subnet and thus it can't connect anymore to the OpenVPN Server in the same Subnet.

Is there a solution for such a kind of issue? For me it looks like I need a sort of second routing table.



No comments:

Post a Comment