Saturday, October 5, 2019

Are there any good alternatives to Cisco Net Academy for a hands-on approach learning routing and switching?

During school I participated in a course called Cisco 1. This course taught me about the basics of the OSI model, TCP/IP stack, and enough to setup a simple network with routers, switches, and other hosts. However, I switched my degree and never ended up taking the other 3 Cisco courses that my school provided. Throughout most of my time in Cisco 1, we used their Network Academy and Packet Tracer to learn concepts before practicing them in a lab with real hardware. I don't really have any issues with Cisco, but I would prefer to learn about switching and routing with as little proprietary fluff and barriers as possible. Is their any good material out there I could use and practice with in a home lab environment using equipment such as Ubiquiti switches and routers?



No comments:

Post a Comment