Thursday, September 12, 2019

Would appreciate some insight

Hey guys, I have an upcoming interview for a network engineer and I have no idea what to expect. I have not previously worked as one, I've been in IT Support for 1.5 half years now, but I've mainly dealt with windows stuff, identity management and active directory. I do have some knowledge and I plan on reading a few things before my interview but I'm not sure what exactly to focus on more. I'd appreciate some insight on what to focus on as a start, I have taken a networking course and I'm kind of aware how things work(tcp/ip, udp, dns, dhcp, rip, ospf etc.) but not sure what would be the main focus of the interview. It is a junior position(I'm a pre-last year student in university) btw.

I hope this does not violate anything in terms of rules.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It is a support role, working via tickets, not a NOC.



No comments:

Post a Comment