Friday, September 6, 2019

Windows 10 LAN/WLAN Auto switching

Hello r/Networking.

I’m running into an issue with Windows 10 (1903) and auto Lan/WLAN switching.

I have a group of non-domain laptops that I’m upgrading to Windows 10 that require both a wired and wireless connection (two separate networks). This was working fine with Windows 7. LAN / WLAN switching was disable in BIOS.

I migrated to Windows 10 and as soon as I insert the Ethernet cable, it disables the Wireless.

I went into Group Policy, enabled ‘Minimize Network Connections’ and set it to 0, rebooted and it is still disabling it.

The network adapter (Intel AC-7290) does not have a configuration option to disable switching.

I’m kind of at a loss here.

Does anyone have any idea if there is some other configuration option to disable this?

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment