Thursday, September 19, 2019

VLANs

Okay, someone help me here. I’ve only done cabling and small networks and have never had to do anything with VLANs. No I’m trying to learn them and think I’m doing something wrong. I have a little experiment I’m trying to setup and can’t seem to be able to get it to work. Here’s what I’m trying to do.

I have a Cisco RV215W router with four ports on it. I have a Cisco Catalyst 3750V2 48-port + 4 SFP switch, and a Catalyst 2960-S 48-port + 4 SFP switch.

Here’s what I’m trying to achieve: anything you plug into one of the switches goes onto one VLAN with the default gateway of 192.168.3.1 and everything you plug into the other switch would go onto another VLAN with the default gateway of 192.168.4.1. I’m not going to go on about all they ways I’ve tried to make it work, but I’m curious the right way it should be configured to work that way. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment