Thursday, September 12, 2019

Using RHEL 7 VM with Apache URL Redirect

I've been doing some testing with taking an few internal addresses ( e1.example.com, e1dv.example.com, e2dq.example.com ) and creating DNS Records for each pointing to the IP Address of a RHEL 7 VM running Apache with virtual hosts setup for each and then attempting to configure URL redirection through the Redirect directive. I think I am missing a step though or maybe this isn't the best use for URL redirection as when I go to configure the redirection I'm stuck at how putting the path for the virtual host is going to route traffic to the external address. If I want a user to enter e1.example.com in a browser while connected to our private network and end up at 'thisotheraddress.com:8000/test/example.maf' is this the wrong solution? I was trying to configure this functionality without an F5 though I understand an F5 could provide this functionality. Is there a more obvious / simple way to send an internal address to an external address?



No comments:

Post a Comment