Saturday, September 7, 2019

Transparent Failure NICs

So I think I have seen these before, but I can't seem to find them now.

I'm looking to build a traffic shaping box with ntopng. We use a traffic shaper in monitor only mode 90% of the time, but we sometimes get situations on across our internet peering circuits where we need to throttle specific applications. We've used packetshapers from bluecoat before, but they are asking for north of $80k each for the upgraded models we need in the performance band we need.

So ntopng looks like it will do what we need. I've done some lab work with it and the proof of concept tests are good so far. What I'm looking for though is a dual NIC that I can put in the server which will run ntopng and when/if the application or box fails that it would fail through to a passive wire.

Does anyone have a good lead for me? I think I just don't know what the right search terms are.



No comments:

Post a Comment