Thursday, September 26, 2019

Subdivide Cisco Switch?

Is there a way to virtually subdivide one 48 port switch into 6x eight port switches? Our group builds out a software package that must be tested on different hardware sets. Each package has the exact same IPs, VLANS, and some MACs even; the package can not change. In order to avoid having 8 different switches I'd like to subdivide a single switch into multiple virtual switches that are completely isolated from each other. In a perfect world I'd also like to be able to connect to all eight software packages via NAT translation or something. I feel like I'm on the right path investigating VRF but I can't seem to get it to do exactly what I want. I have several Nexus 3172s and Cisco 9500s at my disposal. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment