Monday, September 23, 2019

Should I stick with hub and spoke topology in my situation?

Admittedly not a networking professional, but a sysadmin with networking duties.

Currently our enterprise is using a hub and spoke topology, for most things. All (8) remote sites are rural on DSL or satellite connections. They all have usable download speed, but minimal upload speed. The hub is in a metro area with a gigabit connection. I don't even think all sites combined could saturate the hub connection.

Would there be any benefit or drawback to allowing the sites to talk to each other more for things like DFSR?

I've been moving more services to hub and spoke as I go, just because the hub connection is very reliable and these remote sites are quite flaky. Just asking for a sanity check before I keep moving forward like this I guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment