Monday, September 16, 2019

Ruckus SmartZone vlan pooling or large vlan for Airplay/bonjour

I am setting up Ruckus Smartzone and R720 AP's to replace a Cisco wireless system. I currently am using 1 SSID and use a radius attribute to apply a vlan pool and traffic policy on the controller. I have different vlan pools each with several /24 vlans in them configured for staff and student as well as BYOD. I will have AppleTVs on the system on their own SSID and in a single vlan. I used pooling to limit broadcast traffic but I think I will have issues with the Ruckus bonjour gateway if the clients are in a vlan pool (it looks like the gateway policy needs to be configured to forward bonjour traffic from one vlan to another and not to a pool). Currently our BYOD DHCP scope has 4,800 leases handed out in the last 24 hours so if I go single subnet it needs to be fairly large.

Would I be better off to create some /20 or even /19 subnets and not use the ruckus pooling?

Anyone run into issues using large subnets for BYOD wireless?



No comments:

Post a Comment