Thursday, September 5, 2019

Restarting network switch to solve network issues

Just to share my personal experiences here, I am a systems integrator focusing heavily in transportation industry. I consider myself as pretty proficient with networking knowledge and cross vendor network integration.

I will try to troubleshoot networking design issues, sudden network failure, etc with proper procedures. Checking logs, seeing port/cpu utilisation, study routing table, show mac-address table, etc.

However, restarting switches of there the network fault is reported on seems to solve most of the problems throughout my networking career. Which is pretty weird! Sometimes I find it difficult to explain it to my clients as well, simply because the root causes are not found. But the network runs fine until today.

Share your experiences here as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment