Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Public Certificate + NPS for Corporate WiFi?

Hi All,

I've been scratching my head on this one, and I was wondering if I can get some clear information/steps.

We currently do not have Corporate/Business WiFI (just basic guest WiFI). We are getting some Meraki's for our new office and we would like to use RADIUS via Microsoft NPS. After reading about this setup, it requires a trusted certificate either from an internal CA/PKI setup or a public certificate.

I'd like to opt for a wildcard public cert (possibly from Comodo), as I do not want want to build an internal CA.. I've read some horror stories.

Can anyone give me points on:

  • What type of cert to get (our internal domain matches our public domain FQDN)?
  • Steps on how to install this certificate ready to be used for client to use the RADIUS server for WiFI

Please let me know if I've doing anything completely wrong!

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment