Thursday, September 19, 2019

Poor roaming behavior with iPhones on Meraki network

I’m a r/s engineer by trade so forgive me if I use the wrong terms

I have a small two floor office roughly in the shape of a square. There’s an ap in each corner on the first floor to provide wireless for both floors. What I’m seeing is if a user is in the northwest corner they associate fine, good signal and all is well. However if that user relocates the iPhone remains associated to that ap to the bitter end instead of roaming to a closer one. As far as I can tell it’s only iPhones (the most complaints at least)

Is there something on the iPhone or meraki I can look at? My wireless guy hasn’t come across much so I’m asking on his behalf (and mine too honestly because I get to hear the same complaints).

iPhones are running 12.4+ and I've tested 802.11r and as far as I can tell, there's been no improvement



No comments:

Post a Comment