Monday, September 9, 2019

Need some high level info on salary/hiring in India

Good morning! Our company is growing faster than I can keep up. Our company is about 1000 people now with projected 25% growth, and we currently have 2 physical data-centers and 7 offices globally. Being the only network engineer is becoming bonkers due to time zone splits between the offices and the companies desire to open and expand offices globally and they want to add some regional data-centers in India/APAC.

I inquired to our IT director about hiring another network engineer and the response I got was it would need to be someone situated in our India office (Bangalore) and it would need to be a junior/lower-mid level engineer. He then tasked me with coming up with a "rough cost" of a new hire. I am looking to see if anyone would happen to know some ballpark numbers for a ccna/ccnp level network engineer doing basic support and implementation? Googling got me a range of like 350k to 1000k rupee (5k to 14k USD) yearly salary, is that correct? Anyone have any any pitfalls to look out for here or tips/tricks?

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment