Thursday, September 26, 2019

Multipathing in Ekahau

Hi guys, this question is more related to Ekahau, but seeing how they don't have their own forums, I thought I'd try here.

So I've been doing a live survey using the Ekahau sidekick in a warehouse setting due to reports of spotty connection in some of the racks. The signal looks okay all around, however Ekahau showed me rapid fluctuations in signal strength while i was standing completely still. I'm not sure if this is just the way Ekahau measures the signal, or if I actually found hints of multipathing (which really wouldnt surprize me, since we're talking about tall, narrow rows of metallic racks).

Here's an example of what I'm seeing, although sometimes the fluctuation was more extreme (think -43 to -70).

In the event it is multipathing, beside lowering the data rates and transmit power, is there in your experience anything to be done? Seeing how the APs deployed are Meraki, lowering the maximum bitrate is not an option.



No comments:

Post a Comment