Wednesday, September 11, 2019

How to effectively handle multiple gigabit circuits?

Ok so I realize the titles a bit vague but let me explain:

Possible new job soon, part of new job is to configure multiple (3 at first, more later) incoming gigabit circuits. We will be utilizing this bandwidth to upload GIS data to AWS as well as mirror data repos between the main and a satellite site. (I do not know bandwidth at sat office yet)

So anyway I'm looking for ideas on how to manage this much bandwidth effectively and of course as budget friendly as I can get... which might not be too friendly given the throughput needed.

Right now I'm thinking a load-balanced setup to make the most out of those uplinks.

(I assume an upper end Cisco device but definitely open to other suggestions just not Juniper)



No comments:

Post a Comment