Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Help with a Legacy Enterasys Serial Pinout?

Hey folks, first time networking post here.

I have two Enterasys D2G124-12p's I've been trying to reset and configure. Thing is, is that non of my Cisco/Juniper serial adaptors or cables work.

In the manual for the D2G124, they state to use a standard straight-through RJ45 with a DB9 adaptor into your terminal. Tried that with every adaptor, no luck. Putty Blank screen even with enter key.

The pinout in the manual for RJ45 is this:

RJ45 to DB9 1 (rx) to 2 4 (tx) to 3 5 (grd) to 5

I have no issues with 1(rx) to 2, but on these DB9 adaptors I have, 4 and 5 are both pinned together (red and green), so I can't seperate them without breaking the pin.

What am I missing here? Every other serial cable uses almost all of the DB-9 pins, but this is some weird standard I haven't seen. Thanks for any tips!



No comments:

Post a Comment