Monday, September 2, 2019

Help understanding "Lightning Grade Protection" for switches?

Greetings!

Sorry if this is a noob question, I've searched around and can't seem to find any answers or information that's helping to bring me clarity. I'm an electrical noob.

I'm looking at some HIKVision (shudders) PoE switches, and one model in particular mentions Lighting Grade Protection, 4kva for ports, and 6kva for power supplies. But I don't see that mentioned on much of their other gear. Here is the particular switch in question: https://www.hikvision.com/mtsc/uploads/product/accessory/Datasheet_of_Web-managed_PoE_Switch_20190424.pdf

I don't see many switches from other brands mention a rated lightning protection either, but I'm not a networking pro, so I thought I'd come to the hivemind to ask. :D . Wasn't sure if this was just odd vernacular or not?



No comments:

Post a Comment