Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Getting an public IPv6 subnet for home-use (EU/Ger)

Hi everyone,

i'm wondering if there is a simple (and free) way to get a public ipv6 subnet for home-lab use. I want to try some things and since ipv4 addresses are becoming rare (and expensive), I would like to do this directly with v6 as well.

My two ISP for my home connection are using ipv4 for my adresses and i don't want to change this (due to bad experiences with my provider and ipv6) and i want a provider independend solution for it.

So i was thinking about if there is a way that i can tunnel a v6 network to my home firewall and use this adresses. I know that there is a solution like this with and american ISP but i don't want to tunnel my traffic to america and back.

Do you know a solution for it?

I was googling about it but i always got redirected to ripe and i don't want to pay for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment