Saturday, September 21, 2019

Doodle Labs Smart Radio 2450 Help

I have a Doodle Labs Smart Radio 2450 with their version of OpenWRT on it. I bought the test antennas too, but their range doesn't seem to be that good and their data sheet suggests that they are for bench and short distance applications. I have a few questions that I'm hoping some of you know the answer to.

  1. I want to use this router for 2km communication with another router on a competition vehicle, so do I need to buy a bigger antenna?
  2. Here's a picture of the input output, the grey box is the radio, the green pcb is the antenna (there's two, and Doodle labs says we need to have two). Does anyone know what kind of plug this is? Could this interface well with a bigger antenna?

Any help would be really appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment