Friday, September 27, 2019

Cisco 3750x microcode update

hi r/networking!

​

I am trying to upgrade a Cisco 3750x stack running 12.2-55-SE3 to the current starred release 15.2-4-E8. Obviously I am trying to minimise the downtime and I am lucky enough to have a spare stack to practise on. I have tried the following commands:

​

archive download-sw /imageonly /overwrite /upgrade-ucode tftp://x.x.x.x/c3750e-universalk9-tar.152-4.E8.tar

archive download-sw /imageonly /overwrite /force-ucode-reload tftp://x.x.x.x/c3750e-universalk9-tar.152-4.E8.tar

​

Both upgrades succeeded, but the microcode upgrade was done after the reload resulting in 30 minutes downtime. I get the following error message during the upgrade:

​

Could not find UCODE image on switch 66254736. UCODE upgrade may occur after reload.

Switch 2 reloading...

​

Could not find UCODE image on switch 66254736. UCODE upgrade may occur after reload.

No UCODE upgrade. Reloading.

​

Then the stack proceeds to reload as normal. Anyone have any ideas? Can I use a different code version to stage the upgrade?



No comments:

Post a Comment