Friday, September 27, 2019

Cisco 3750x microcode update

hi r/networking!

I am trying to upgrade a Cisco 3750x stack running 12.2-55-SE3 to the current starred release 15.2-4-E8. Obviously I am trying to minimise the downtime and I am lucky enough to have a spare stack to practise on. I have tried the following commands:

archive download-sw /imageonly /overwrite /upgrade-ucode tftp://x.x.x.x/c3750e-universalk9-tar.152-4.E8.tar

archive download-sw /imageonly /overwrite /force-ucode-reload tftp://x.x.x.x/c3750e-universalk9-tar.152-4.E8.tar

Both upgrades succeeded, but the microcode upgrade was done after the reload resulting in 30 minutes downtime. I get the following error message during the upgrade:

Could not find UCODE image on switch 66254736. UCODE upgrade may occur after reload.

Switch 2 reloading...

Could not find UCODE image on switch 66254736. UCODE upgrade may occur after reload.

No UCODE upgrade. Reloading.

Then the stack proceeds to reload as normal. Anyone have any ideas? Can I use a different code version to stage the upgrade?



No comments:

Post a Comment